Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your South Fulton smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full charge of your South Fulton home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and explore tips to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in South Fulton?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operability via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Check current or recorded video streams from your linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in South Fulton by implementing schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in South Fulton
Despite the fact that various users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and submit the information to send an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new South Fulton home security system. Dial (731) 327-6123 to learn more.