What to do to cut down on false alarms in South Fulton
False alarms are a legitimate issue for your home’s security. Not only can they be costly and time-consuming, but they can also decrease the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your South Fulton sensors and alarms.
As the first step, ensure that everything is set up properly. This will probably seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that simple user errors result in false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on potential causes of false alarms, including a back door that could be left unsecured by accident. And of course, feel free to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in South Fulton.
Might it be really that easy? Keep reading to find out.
Numerous false alarms in South Fulton can be avoided
When figuring out any problem, the first thing to do is read the guidebook. Make sure all alarms and sensors are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually check each sensor to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't conflicting with your system.
Reach out to your Vivint agent if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your South Fulton system. They'll be happy to dispatch a trained expert to check your system.
Investigate your windows and doors
When your configuration appears to be alright, the ensuing step is to do an investigation of the house. Are your windows and doors tightly secured, or might there be a few accidentally cracked? If an entrance remains open, it might trigger a motion sensor. In the event your household consistently fails to secure an entry point, you can install a smart locking system that locks automatically when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows take more manual maintenance, particularly if you have someone who prefers to fall asleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to turn off that sensor while protecting the remaining areas of the property.
Home automation tends to be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in South Fulton
One of the most effective ways to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate automation into your security system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly unlocking a door or window. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart lock is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the driveway, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone notifications when your devices sense uncommon movements or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in South Fulton with a Vivint smart home
Increased authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, contact (731) 327-6123 or submit the form on this page.