Top safety tips for new homeowners in South Fulton
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and your family. You’re probably thinking about the many ways you can personalize your residence with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make certain you give thought to home security as well. Keeping your loved ones protected should always be a foremost priority, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in South Fulton.
Perform a safety check of your new South Fulton property
Now that safety is top of mind, find out what your new home has in place. First, ensure you have functioning fire alarms. Test each one and replace batteries if required. Are CO detectors present? Is there a water sensor in your basement? This is also a smart time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through every space and scope out your property.
Smart security tips for your South Fulton home
Once you’ve finished your preliminary inspection of safety alarms and locks, you can consider improving your protection. Get started with these security tips for your home in South Fulton.
- Install a new home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in South Fulton is a home security system. The latest in wireless technology allows you to keep tabs on your property even when you’re away. You may review live video feeds, control entry locks, and even talk to guests at your door directly from your mobile device. You can even personalize your defense with amazing security implements such as surveillance cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Modernize your outside lights. Exterior lights with motion detection are a smart way to turn away prospective intruders. You can even integrate them with video cameras. The triggering of a motion sensor can signal your video equipment to start recording.
- Keep your yard nicely groomed. Can you easily see all of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown trees and bushes impeeding your view? Remove likely areas to hide by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it also.
- Meet folks in your area. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friendly with people nearby, there’s a greater probability they’ll let you know if they discern anything suspicious. You may also get involved in your neighborhood’s social media page if one is created.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an advanced smart home, you can make it seem like you’re inside by turning on smart lights at programmed times. This is a fantastic option when you’re not there.